Sunday 24 July 2016

DIARY OF A CHRISTIAN GIRL

I traveled to one of the south-west states for a small project which later suffered some delay. consequently, i exhausted the money i had budgeted for the trip and the Red threshold (you know the feeling when you have exhausted  your budget on an unprofitable thing, even though you still have cash somewhere, as long as that thing is concerned, you simply consider yourself broke? yea that one!) it hit me hard and i started reviewing my expenses.

"Do i really need to buy airtime to make calls today? Let anybody that wants to talk to me spend their money. Let my phone(i can deceive myself. we all know i mean 'pocket') rest today.
"Must i eat thrice today. Its not mandatory. Besides, i should cut down on those carbs (LOL!)

When Hunger came, it wasnt funny o! But my mind pushed back. Then i decided to test the Bible. Matthew 4:4
"Jesus answered, "It is written, Man shall not, live on bread alone but on every word that comes from God's mouth"

Thats how i carried my Bible, ready to be filled metaphorically but i was really hoping that it would make the hunger disappear. So i read the Bible and the message on importance of giving to the needy kept recurring. First, Jesus emphasized it then the Apostles especially Apostle Paul also resounded it all through their letters.

My Mind: "Giving is good. We will give prayers to the poor" (LOL. my mind is just something else)
As there was nothing to do, i decided to drag myself to church.

Right there in church, my heart reviewed everything i read in the Bible. I was so restless until i made a decision that i would give something to someone that evening.
After the service, i was walking back home (yes, i still maintain a house in that state for an absurd reason which i would discuss in some post someday). At the major round-about, i saw a weird-looking old woman standing on a spot and begging passers-by. I remembered that i had seen her before because her face was hard to forget and it was on that same area that i had seen her before now. She had a face that makes some people (not me, oh. rme) think that she is something ( a word that begins with W and rhymes with Ditch) but who was i to judge?

I was surprised to see her because the last time i saw her was about a year ago and nothing had changed for her. So i watched her for some minutes and i witnessed an encounter between her and a passer-by whom she asked for help and the guy gave her N10. She looked at the N10 with utmost disgust and then lifted her face up to the sky as if she was looking directly at God. Then i heard a voice say:

"Give that woman X naira" (huh? I have been starving myself and you want me to part with that money. If i hear...)

mehn i paced up but as soon as i passed her, i literally lost my peace. i felt like i was under severe torment (i really cannot explain on here) but it gave me a glimpse of hell.
Thats how i retraced my steps back to the woman and she wasnt even looking at me.

She was busying scanning the environment looking for someone to recite her plea to. Her palms were already facing up, shaped in a begging posture and it was in it i laid the exact amount that i was instructed to. Then she looked at me, then looked at her palms and she jumped, turned around 360 ( i am stilled puzzled by that. If i didnt know better...) and shouted three times in yoruba
"It will be well with you"
Then she smiled and she didnt look scary anymore. I smiled back and carried on with my empty stomach. but i felt some kind of satisfaction.

The next evening, i got a surprise call and got a breathtaking cash gift. I quickly rushed to the spot where i met her the day before so i could take her to a joint and declare:
"Amala for everybody" (LOL!)
and then give her percentage of the money
But she was not there. I did a thorough search for her but i didnt find her. I blamed the rain for her absence...i guess

Some people may call it coincidence. Well...whatever works for you. But I believe that the act of giving attracts amazing physical and spiritual blessings. It works like Magic. I can never be Red again!
Although, i tested the theory in Matt 4:4 to overcome my physical hunger, the Word of God filled actually filled me with the Revelation of Giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment