Tuesday 6 September 2016

DIARY OF A CHRISTIAN GIRL



"What did you do and how did you do it?

That was my friend who was amazed at how suddenly my life turned around for best.

At first I was puzzled. I mean "what didn't I do?

One time, I didn't have money to contribute to the building of the church so I skipped work and went to the site to join the masons as a volunteer. After the day's work, my respect for construction workers grew immensely. I experienced brutal assault from the coalition of my body and mind.

My mind: "so it's because you needed a new job that's why you subjected us to such hard work. You best pray nobody recognises us. It's a good thing we are covered in cement ...and dust...and the spittle of the head Mason...
My Body: "are you trying to stretch your legs? Don't even think about it!

My mind: "...Normal people put out their C.Vs and applications for new jobs but we are above that, right? 

My body: "BTW, our legs are swollen and heavy so don't go crazy with the movements"

Anyway, I finished that and went home and I got an interview alert from a top bank.  
My mind: "Coincidence, perhaps?
My body: " I just want to know how you intend to get there because I plan on lying in bed till next month"

I did the interview and I didn't hear from them again till this moment. (RMBE)

Then I engaged in evangelism and met several characters. 

After that, I engaged in fasting and prayers and started experiencing unusual encounters. Sometimes in visions and dreams. Other times I hear a small voice speaking bible verses to me.

One time, I was sleeping and I heard a voice that prompted me out of the sweet sleep.

"Luke 1:37"

I quickly got up and opened my bible. And there it was;

"FOR WITH GOD, NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE"

My mind: "okay, that is no coincidence. We didn't know those words were in that verse"

So when my mind started believing, I started doing more things, following the instructions of Jesus Christ.

Then with the boldest step, I joined the choir!
The following can summarise the reactions I had during rehearsals:
WHAT THE HEAVEN? WTH
OH MY VOICE! 
BUT WHY?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?....

Then the act that touches Everyone's heart especially God's; giving! Anybody that says tithing and offerings are done by gullible people is indirectly saying there is no God and Psalms 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.


However, looking at all the activities I engaged in and after outlining it for my friend and seeing her sceptical look...
 I could almost hear her mind saying;

"You and who wants to do all those things. You think I have time"(LOL)

...the truth is that I did all those things just because of one thing; Faith!

So anybody that asks me how I accomplished (still accomplishing) so much in a short time, I would tell them just one thing:

I HAVE FAITH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment